About Public Health Wales
Public Health Wales is one of the 11 organisations which makes up NHS Wales. They are the national public health agency in Wales.
Public Health Wales works to protect and improve health and well-being and reduce health inequalities for the people of Wales.
Public Health Wales has seven priorities:
- Influencing the wider determinants of health
- Improving mental well-being and resilience
- Promoting healthy behaviours
- Securing a healthy future for the next generation
- Protecting the public from infection and environmental threats to health
- Supporting the development of a sustainable health and care system focused on prevention and early intervention
- Building and mobilising knowledge and skills to improve health and well-being across Wales
Current Projects & Priorities
Public Health Network Cymru has a long-term aim to educate, inform and facilitate the sharing of knowledge and evidence on a wide-range of public health topics.
The Public Health Network Cymru website tailors to the needs and interests of individual members. Benefits of being a member include:
- Tailored user pages that display news, events and reports based on individual interests
- Signposting of resources and services available in your area
- Events, publications, briefs and more
- Monthly ebulletin